Friday, May 11, 2007

Pleasures

Pleasure in the dictionary means: desire, inclination 2. a state of gratification: enjoyment. 3. a source of delight or joy.

There are many things that bring about this pleasure. Serving God gives me pleasure. To know that there are just simple little things that I can do for Him when He has done so much for me. But I find myself finding pleasure in other things as well and wondering to myself if I should. For instance, I LOVE to get my nails done. Not only does it feel really good to be "pampered" some but my hands always seem to look really pretty to me. Is that wrong? I think that is the only thing that really and truly brings me pleasure that really seems worldly. I seriously think that I could cut out tv watching and that not bother me. I guess the question that is bothering me is "Is it wrong to find pleasure is something as simple as getting a manicure?"

No comments: