Friday, May 25, 2007

Things and Stuff

I really didn't know what to title this blog. I have been struggling with this blog since Wednesday ( May 16). On Wednesday night we went to church and the teaching was wonderful. On Wednesdays the preacher doesn't preach really but more along the lines of teaching. Which is good. I love to be taught. In Romans chapter 12 it talks about the measure of faith. My pastor said that every man is given a measure. Picture if you will a circle and you are in the middle of that circle. That is your measure of faith. What is in that circle is what you can directly affect. If you are a parent it is you kids and spouse. If you are a teacher then it is your classroom of children. Things like that. The prayer of Jabez asks that God expand our boarders. How can God expand our boarders when we don't even take care of what is in our little circle? If God was to bless us with more, how do we know that it won't kill us or drive us away from Him. If you are praying for a home of your own ( and I am talking to myself) then look at the house your are in now. Are you caring for it the way you should? God wants to bless you but He won't give us more than we can carry either. Sounds like a contradiction doesn't it. But really it is not when you actually stop and think about it. The gist of this. Take care of what God has given you first before you ask for more. Be content with what you have and with where you are. If no one else gets this but me at least I am on the record as to knowing what it is that I need to be working on. Have a great and Blessed Day.

No comments: