Saturday, October 07, 2006

Falling Short

I never realized how easy it was to fall short. The bible says that all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. I read that and I know what it means but to actually have it apply to you is one thing. I never really thought about that verse as a sinner but when I became a Christian that verse really stuck out with me. I never really realized how far away from God I was. I look back now and it amazes me that the creator of this world would die for me. He didn't just die for me but for all. The homeless man that lives under the downtown bridge, the snotty little kid that lives just a couple of doors down, even the neighbor that you think is really nosy but is just wanting a friend. I have fallen short. I have not tried to reach out to these people. Even today I reminded my kids that they weren't allowed to play with this one kid from down the road because I felt he was a bad influence on them. But I am thinking to myself is that really what I should do. My children should be an even better influence on him. We are to live as the light of the world. As the song says "Hide it under a bushel . NO!" How many of us really Do hide it under a bushel. I don't want to be the one that hides her light anymore. I want the world to know just what God has done for me. I challenge you this day to not hide your light. Let it shine and let it shine so bright that someone will have to wear shades. :o)

No comments: