Monday, October 09, 2006

Pearl of Great Price

Matt. 13:45 & 46 says:
45. Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls.
46. Who, when he had found one pearl of great price sold all that he had, and bought it.

A merchant man, buyer, he is looking for the best pearl. We are like that merchant man looking for the best. The best being Jesus and the Kingdom of Heaven. The buyer or merchant found the pearl he was looking for but it cost a great deal. He had to sell all that he had in order to get it. To get to the Kingdom of Heaven we must also sell all that we have. In verse 46 it says "and bought it". That tells me right there that he didn't hesitate. He did what was necessary to get it. He found what he wanted and it didn't matter the cost. We today have found the goodly pearl. It has a great price. We must sell all that we have to get it. I am not talking about selling all your worldly possessions. The only way to get there is by selling out. We hear preachers saying that all the time. But it has never hit so close to home for me before till now. Don't go out and sell your car, your house, your furniture things like that. I am talking about you. Your mind, Your body, heart, soul, strength, family, finances all of it, give it to God. My pastor was talking about idols yesterday and how they are dead. Once you strip away the gold or silver or precious gems that it has been adorned with you have nothing but death. You need the True Living God in your life to help you through your times of trouble. When you completely sell out to God there is no limit to what God can do with you and through you. You could heal the sick, raise the dead, cause the blind to see, the lame could walk again. Praise the Lord! God help me to completely sell out to you. Not so that people will look up to me but they will look to You and You Alone. My challenge for you today is if you are not completely sold out to God but you want to be just say this prayer with me.

"Heavenly Father, I thank you for being who you are. For dying on that old rugged cross for me. Lord right now I give you my all. My family, finances, my heart, mind, my soul, and all my strength, all that I am and ever will be. I give it all to you for you to use to further your kingdom. To reach the lost and hurting. Lord I want to be your willing vessel. Here's my cup Lord, fill it up and make me whole. In Jesus name I pray. AMEN."

This is the day that the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it. :o)

No comments: