Tuesday, October 10, 2006

True Way into the Kingdom

Matt. 7:21-23

21. Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my father in heaven.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profes unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In verse 21 it tell us the true way into the kingdom of heaven, "He that doeth the will of my father in heaven". Jesus gave us an example of exactly that in Luke 22:42. Jesus is in the Garden of Gethsemane praying, "Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." WOW! He is about to be arrested and crusified for doing nothing wrong and yet he still says, "not my will but thine be done." Are we better than Jesus Christ himself that we shouldn't be saying the same thing, "Not my will Lord, but thine be done". There are a lot of people out there proclaiming to be Christians yet not actually doing the will of the Father. What is the will of the father? We are all disciples of Jesus. He told his disciples to go into all the world preaching and teaching the gospel. So, if we are called disciples then shouldn't we be out in the world preaching and teaching the gospel? OUCH! I think I just stepped on my own toes there. :o) I also think the will of the Father is different for each individual person. He has given you talents and gifts but we need to ask what He would want us to do with them. You should pray asking God to show you His will, His plan for your life. You also need to have a personal relationship with Jesus. How do you do that? By reading His word every day, bye praying without ceasing, by remembrance. Remember where you were and how He brought you out. Be sensitive to the spirit. He is your comforter in times of trouble. He will guide you into all truths. You need that personal relationship along with doing the will of the Father which is in heaven or one day you might just hear, "I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

No comments: